What are payroll services?
Payroll services are a type of outsourcing where the company’s payroll process is outsourced to a third party. This service is becoming increasingly popular because, among other things, it allows companies to focus on their core competencies while a third-party handles payroll, insurance, and other human resource functions. Payroll services can be more cost effective than hiring full-time employees in many scenarios.
Why use a staffing firm?
Utilizing a payroll service through a staffing firm combines the benefits of a payroll service with the benefits of staffing. In addition to providing payroll services a staffing firm will also provide risk mitigation, screening & evaluation, industry expertise, salary negotiation, scheduling, and many other time saving benefits and functions. Staffing firms also help to keep payroll employees engaged by acting as an agent and providing one on one interaction. This helps to give the employee a feeling of being included and having purpose.
Some benefits associated with using a staffing firm to payroll employees:
- The service provider ensures compliance with the law.
- Assurance that employees will be paid on time, because the client company has help from a trusted third party.
- Cost to the client is all inclusive so, no worrying about managing taxes, insurance, and other itemized costs associated with employment.
- Clients save money because they do not have to retain a robust accounting team to self-manage payroll.
- Traditional conversion times and fees do not apply to payroll employees in many cases. Clients can decide to hire payroll employees directly at any time.
- Staffing firms typically provide screening, skills assessments, reference checks, background checks, and other onboarding functions for payroll employees. This means clients receive a risk, skills, and compatibility assessment for each employee they payroll.
- The staffing firm covers workers compensation and unemployment providing the client with minimal risk exposure.
- Clients can try employees they payroll through a staffing firm before making a long-term commitment. Many companies use payroll services during the employee’s “probationary period”.
See additional benefits here.
What staffing firm is right for your payroll needs?
Picking a staffing firm can be a difficult and time-consuming process and, with so many options out there, it’s hard to know which one is the best fit for your organization. Different staffing firms offer different services and cater to various industries and business needs. So, you should do some research before deciding on which one is right for you.
TradeSTAR serves the electrical construction and low voltage technology integration verticals exclusively. So, companies involved with the installation of electrical systems or low voltage technologies in nonresidential structures could be a fit. Working with TradeSTAR means partnering with a staffing firm that has an intimate understanding of construction related payroll needs. We are experts with prevailing wage requirements, controlled insurance programs, multiple jobsites, varying pay rates, certified payroll, and more. Reach out for a consultation today.
Marsha, I want to personally thank you and your team for all your support and service you have been giving ICT. So often we go through life without ever thanking those who help us do our jobs better. It has been a pleasure working with you all and look forward to continuing our relationship.
We have worked with TradeSTAR for over a decade, in San Antonio and in Austin, sourcing candidates with technical skills and excellent working relationships. Their talent acquisition and regional managers, Marsha and Rich, are experts in the field and personally oversee recruiting efforts for both of our companies. They take the time to communicate regularly, understand the job requirements and put forward only those candidates that closely match our requirements, whether we need immediate short-term staff or permanent placements. Always personable and professional, they go the extra mile to fit our needs!
I want to thank you and your team for all your help this year. Tradestar came through for us each and every time, not only in San Antonio, but in the other markets we work in as well. We truly value our partnership with you,
Thank you very much for everything you have done for us this past year. You have helped us meet our staffing goals and have sent us some great technicians. It has been awesome working alongside your local San Antonio office
I have utilized TradeSTAR, on numerous occasions. In the current volatile construction market, it is imperative to be able to ebb and flow with the labor demands. Equally as important as being able to adjust to the changing workloads, is to be able to accomplish the work with a competent workforce. TradeSTAR has always excelled at a personal approach to finding the right people that fit with the model we present for our team. To me, that is of the utmost importance.